Blue wanted to check out Evergreen, as a possible future college, and he wanted to do it independent of his parents - the mistake we made taking Alex and Ellie was to see the college ourselves.
So, Blue stayed with Peter R. and Ruth H. our first night in Olympia, and I got to spend the afternoon with Cappy and the evening and night with Jean and Joel.
I totally fell down on job as far as photo-documention went for that first part of the trip. Since I didn't manage to take a picture of Peter, I've stuck in one I found on the web.

I couldn't find any pix of Ruth, and the best I could do for Cappy was an impossibly lit cell phone pic:

Likewise - no pix of Jean and Joel. Here is a tiny one of Jean from the Evergreen Faculty directory:

After that I got the picture situation in hand. Blue and I reunited for an assault on Colyar who led us on a crazy tour of Capitol Peak - a smallish, partially clear-cut mountain with a lot of radio towers on top. It shouldn't have surprised me - he once took my on a tour of the Redwood City storm sewers in a little zodiac inflatable boat.

Blue didn't actually ride this motorcycle, as it has neither brakes nor clutch - made for a racing oval only.

And here we are with the some of Welsh-Goltz crew. We were in a prenatal class with Mary (on the far right) and her husband before Ellie and their daughter Elizabeth was born. That's their youngest, Maureen and her friend Colleen.

The we headed up to Seattle, did a whirlwind tour of the high spots including the troll under the bridge and Archie McPhees,
Troll

and headed out on the ferry to Port Townsend to see the house that Mike and Betty built

More about Port Townsend next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment