Monday, September 15, 2008

Blue's Toast

I promised a couple of people that I would post Blue's toast from the wedding. It isn't the same in writing, but it might give you an idea....

Yes, yes this is a wonderful wedding, but I am not up here to talk about how good the wedding was. No, no I’m up here for a relatively simple job, which is to tell a nice story about Ellie. Now I like this job so I’m not going to tell not one story but four.

The first goes a little something like this: Ellie has been known by many names, such as: Ellie, Eleanor, the Nor, and little electric head. But there is one shrouded in mystery this name will be reveled later. When Ellie was little she would go around asking every person she saw questions like are you married, why not, or even what is the approximate size of China. So my parents called her the baby congressional-sub-committee.

Ellie has always been several things like interesting, smart and cocky. This is a story about and her cocky ways. Hopefully you’ve all met Zena; she is my and Ellie’s cousin she is nice like Ellie, but in other ways a polar opposite to her. Well when they were both two, Ellie decided that since she was so much older she should change Zena’s diaper. Three minutes later my parent walk in to find Ellie covered in baby powder.

Now Ellie has been and I think will continue to be one of the most caring people I know. When I was around she was, and is, so excited. I personally think she just loves most if not all Jacobs to distraction. She used to take me everywhere, like to her friends Kirsten Meeker’s house and we would swim in the pool. One time after taking me to her house she was driving over the speed limit on a small hill when a cop pulled us over after he gave her a ticket and walked away I start flipping out and crying saying “I don’t want you to go to jail.” To which she of course said “Shoot jacob why didn’t you do this in front of the cop” I think this shows good preservation instincts for both herself and me, I mean how would a young me do in jail.

As I have said before she likes me and this love is deeply rooted in the fact that Ellie still kind of thinks of me as her little baby, not to say I’m not though. She used to want to take me everywhere she went. I went to the renaissance fair every year and we would have a great time I would almost always dress as robin hood, in fact I still have the belt from that costume; it was way to big for me. Anyways one time I got lost at the Ren Faire ,just for a short time, and I thinking this lady was Ellie hugged her from behind I then found it wasn’t Ellie and scampered off to find her.

Jacob (Fenton) knew me immediately he said here’s a funny cool kid; I’ll help him build a potato cannon. Of course he did. It was my first potato cannon of many - well two really - but there are more to come. This was all in second grade.


No comments: