
I stayed with Suzy and the next day we went to the 40th reunion of our high school class - Oakwood 1969. Here we are getting ready for the party with two other girl friends, putting on our make up and talking about, you know, woman stuff:

I had lunch with Peter Bernstein, who was terrific. This is a photo by Michael Fox, not taken that day, but better than anything I have:
.jpg)
The reunion itself was a blast - I realized that I really like all these people, not just because we have all this history; they are smart and funny and full of good stories. See some pix (facebook folks - you've seen these already.)
But here's the weird time-warpy part. The reunion was at the home of Kim Selbert: a classmate, not just from high school, but also elementary school, and she is living in the same apartment complex my family lived in before I was five. I would be talking to someone, marveling at memories from high school, when suddenly the sight of the rounded edges of the concrete steps would transport me further back to riding my tricycle in that courtyard (or the identical one two buildings down).
Sunday, in another burst of synchronicity, I visited my cousins, only to discover it was Diane's birthday, and the day after her son, Austin's.

Both Diane and Linda, her mom, took pictures, which I hope to swap out for these. Note little Paige who is walking and talking and who absolutely adores her big brother - for him she smiles! I missed seeing the rest of the clan, but what a gift it was to see Alan, Linda, Diane, Austin and Paige.


And, joy - I got to see Chuck. Here he is in his natural habitat, surrounded by devices:
No comments:
Post a Comment